DISCLAIMER:

IN MY JAY Z VOICE: "What you are about to witness is my thoughts...just my thoughts- right or wrong...just what I was feeling at the time, If you ever felt like this, vibe with me...just vibe with me..."

The information provided on this blog is for entertainment purposes only. Some images are courtesy of the worldwide web, other images are provided by "DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS...Style" blog's photographer. If you want an image removed please feel free to contact for discussion. All photo commentary are the opinions of "DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS...Style" blog's author(s). If I've misquoted or misinformed please feel free to contact for discussion, key@sideofstyle.com. Thanks for visiting "DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS...Style"

Y'all come back now, ya hear? ;-)

Friday, December 17, 2010

THE HOUSTON SOCIALITE...

 One thing I heart about fashion/style is there's so many levels to love, know, and try. As you grow your style should do the same...if you're in your 40s/50s it's okay to want to wear a hot outfit you seen on Rihanna but what about Michelle Obama? She make the "40s" look so classic and chic...she's a grown up for real! Those levels and divisions of fashion/style...they give me something to look forward to!
 Which brings me to the lady I want to be like when I grow up...Houston's own Lynn Wyatt. You see all that high fashion below? I'm in awe everytime I come across a photo of Mrs. Lynn at an event. If  you never heard of her please see an excerpt below from her Wiki page. Yes indeed...Mrs. Lynn and her "I'M A GROWN A#% WOMAN" style gives me something to look forward to!

"Lynn Sakowitz Wyatt (born July 16, 1935) is the daughter of the late Bernard Sakowitz and Ann Baum as well as the sister of Robert T. Sakowitz. A well known Houston socialite, philanthropist and third-generation Texan. Her grandfather started the Sakowitz Department Store chain. Her husband, Oscar Wyatt, is an energy executive, the founder of Houston's Coastal Corporation—now owned by El Paso Corporation—and current CEO of NuCoastal LLC. Lynn and Oscar Wyatt have four sons [Douglas, Steve, Trey and Brad]. The couple resides in the Houston neighborhood of River Oaks. During the height of the oil boom in the 1970s and early 1980s, the family mansion in Houston was known as the "Wyatt Hyatt" becoming a "home away from home" for the likes of HRH Princess Margaret, HSH Princess Grace of Monaco, Bill Blass, Joan Collins, Mick Jagger, His Majesty King Hussein and Queen Noor of Jordan.



Lynn Wyatt has appeared in American Vogue (magazine), Harper's Bazaar, Town & Country and W (the high-fashion/social magazine of Fairchild Publications) through the years. She is a friend and patron of some of the couturiers of our time and of the twentieth century – Valentino, Karl Lagerfeld, Emanuel Ungaro, Bill Blass, Jean Paul Gaultier and many others. She was inducted into the International Best Dressed List Hall of Fame in 1977."








No comments: