DISCLAIMER:

IN MY JAY Z VOICE: "What you are about to witness is my thoughts...just my thoughts- right or wrong...just what I was feeling at the time, If you ever felt like this, vibe with me...just vibe with me..."

The information provided on this blog is for entertainment purposes only. Some images are courtesy of the worldwide web, other images are provided by "DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS...Style" blog's photographer. If you want an image removed please feel free to contact for discussion. All photo commentary are the opinions of "DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS...Style" blog's author(s). If I've misquoted or misinformed please feel free to contact for discussion, key@sideofstyle.com. Thanks for visiting "DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS...Style"

Y'all come back now, ya hear? ;-)

Thursday, March 24, 2011

WOMEN'S HISTORY MONTH: THE HOUSTON EDITOR-IN-CHIEF...

I use this phrase alot while blogging "SO REFRESHING", but after reading about/viewing Tracey Fergurson's journey I thought just that! Inspite of suddenly losing her husband to a heart attack, and raising 2 kids without him, Mrs. Ferguson was able to:

-Launched "JONES MAGAZINE", a fashion/lifestyle guide aimed at women of color, in Houston in 2005

-In 2007 was offered a reality show test run for the launch of "JONES MAGAZINE" national debut release

-Reality show "KEEPING UP WITH THE JONESES" and magazine debuted nationwide Spring 2010 and "JONES MAGAZINE" has been the magazine to watch ever since! (Veronica Webb graced the cover of "JONES MAGAZINE" nationwide issue...for those of you who don't know that says ALOT and I ask you to do your Veronica Webb research LOL)

I consider her story "SO REFRESHING" because she had the drive to turn tragedy into triumph all while doing something she loved! And I know how reality shows can influence the black community...I'm sure Mrs. Fergurson has inspired someone to keep pressing forward! It didn't happen overnight and hopefully Mrs. Fergurson will remain encouraged and continue to make her mark in Texas fashion/style HISTORY!
Visit jonesmag.com and or follow JONES on Twitter @jonesmag


No comments: