DISCLAIMER:

IN MY JAY Z VOICE: "What you are about to witness is my thoughts...just my thoughts- right or wrong...just what I was feeling at the time, If you ever felt like this, vibe with me...just vibe with me..."

The information provided on this blog is for entertainment purposes only. Some images are courtesy of the worldwide web, other images are provided by "DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS...Style" blog's photographer. If you want an image removed please feel free to contact for discussion. All photo commentary are the opinions of "DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS...Style" blog's author(s). If I've misquoted or misinformed please feel free to contact for discussion, key@sideofstyle.com. Thanks for visiting "DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS...Style"

Y'all come back now, ya hear? ;-)

Thursday, November 18, 2010

THE TEXAS STREETWEAR EXPO...

  Streetwear = YOUNG MONEY...not as in YOUNG MONEY the music...but youngsters ATTEMPTING to get to the money the legal way. My sister, whose forever a sneaker collector, put me on to events like sneaker summits, sneaker expos, etc. I've attended a few cross Texas with her and during our first road trip to SNEAKER HUNT, as I would put it, I was not too pleased at the thought of spending a Saturday afternoon in a muggy room full of sneaker deranged folks! But when I arrived I was shocked to see the event taking place in a nice spot, nice sneaker arrangements, nice displays laid out, clothing, and accessories! And not only well known brands, but young people trying to feed their streetwear brands to the masses...caps, hoodies, t-shirts, and accessories-all well thought out like or even better than some of the brands I see on Karmaloop and other streetwear websites. Unknown brands...these youngsters were hungry and hustling; at times there can be beauty/passion in the hungry hustle. I was excited to see that TEXAS streetwear brands are hungry enough to organize/be apart of events like STITCHED UP: A TEXAS STREETWEAR EXPO. More info can be found via FURFACE BOY, a Texas streetwear designer, blog...check it out below. And BIG UPS to the YOUNG PEOPLE, or anyone for that matter, that are following that dream! Following instead of chasing the dream...you chase things that are trying to get away from you. And chasing can exhaust the best of them! Following is steady, humbleness, and will keep that dream right in front of you! Enough of my mentor moment LOL...CLICK THE LINK BELOW!!!:

No comments: